By Suann Bidwell, Owner of The Bidwell Group.
Maine is a great place to go in the fall, the weather is crisp, the foliage is so pretty with red, orange, gold & yellow treetops along the landscape, whether you are driving or hiking the fall colors of Maine can be seen throughout the state. This is a perfect time to go apple picking, play a round of golf, go hiking, biking, see a local festival or sample some goods from Maine’s autumn harvest! See Fall in Maine here.
Here are some of the things that are going on in September & October and ideas for lodging while in Maine:
- Harvest Fest & Chowder Cook-off in Bethel – check out the local cuisine!
- ChiliFest in Wells.
- The Salmon Festival in Eastport.
- The Common Ground Country Fair in Unity.
- The Country Roads Artists & Artisans Tour.
- The Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show in Camden.
- WoodenBoat Sail-In in Brooklin
- Ogunquit’s Antique Show & Sale.
- The Cumberland Fair .
- The Apple Festival in Rangeley Lakes.
- Acadia’s Oktoberfest on Mount Desert Island.
- Caribou Fall Arts & Crafts Festival.
- Tea, Popovers at Acadia National Park.
- Living History Days in Leonard’s Mill.
- The Annual Fryeburg Fair .
- The York Beach Sidewalk Sale.
- The North American Wife Carrying Championship at Sunday River.
- Candlelight Ghost Tour in Bangor.
- The Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest in Hiram.
- Bed & Breakfast – With their stately porches, sweeping lawns and terraces and traditional cooking, a Maine bed and breakfast offers personalized lodging with local flavor. Check out a listing of B & B’s here.
- Resorts – Rolling mountain views, oceanside locations, four-diamond dining, and first class amenities—Maine’s resorts are uncompromising in their comfort and hospitality. Whether you want to ski, golf, spa, or just have an adventure, Maine has it all. See a listing of Resorts to stay here.
- Maine Vacation Rentals – Rent a house or cottage, get the feeling of what is is like to live in Maine, while enjoying your vacation. Check out home & cottage rentals in Maine here.
- Hotels – For business travelers, luxury & spa vacations, and for people seeking a great deal! Maine has something for everyone! See a listing of Hotels to stay in here.
- Camping – Maine campgrounds provide the outdoor adventure experience of a lifetime. Experience Maine camping on the coast! Maine offers an abundance of beach and oceanfront campgrounds. Check out campgrounds & RV listings here.