By Suann Bidwell, Owner of The Bidwell Group.
Belly fat! It just doesn’t ever seem to want to go away! Here are some tips that might help you get rid of that belly fat. I am not a doctor, but I found these tips from the site www.charlespoliquin.com who has loads of information on health and nutrition! And I have added my 2 cents from my own personal experience in this area, with 3 kids of my own my stomach has been stretched to new extremes! So I have tried a several of these myself and found they have worked for me. Always remember to check with a doctor before starting any new health routine or diet!
Hope they help!
- Always eat breakfast-opt for a high-protein, low glycemic meal. This definitely helps, breakfast sets the tone for the whole day, if you eat breakfast your are fueling up your body for the day! If you skip it you will feel sluggish, and eat a much bigger lunch and probably eat foods that are bad for you! Plus if you eat smaller more frequent meals, your body is constantly working and your metabolism is moving faster vs if you just eat one meal a day, then your body thinks you are starving and it will slow down your metabolism!
- Don’t work out on an empty stomach- this lowers the body’s use of fat for fuel and results in less caloric burn during recovery
- Get rid of the processed foods! Some people refer to this as the cave mans diet. You eat fresh or frozen vegetables, fruit, lean meats like chicken, fish, nuts, greek yogurt etc. Basically if its in a can or packaged and has a list of ingredients don’t eat it! It will be hard at first but you can see amazing results.
- Don’t avoid fat-just be sure to eat smart fats – some examples of those are are fatty fish (salmon) and wild meats, coconut oil, olive oil, avocados and nuts.
- Eat a high-quality, high protein diet to increase resting metabolic rate and the amount of energy required to digest food.
- Eat antioxidant-rich foods such as berries, dark chocolate, leafy greens and olive oil to prevent inflammation. I personally buy all organic for all fruits and vegetables to avoid the pesticides.
- Eat seeds, especially flax seeds, because they promote elimination of chemical estrogens to helpyo close belly fat.
- Eliminate ALL sugar and all sweeteners – cane sugar, agave maple syrup, all of it! Ok, yes I know this is a hard one, but you will feel better, and look better, the only sugar I eat is the natural sugar that is found in fruits. Now I am not perfect on this, and definitely mess up, but when you consciously try to eliminate sugar you will see the pounds and fat melt off! Sugar is the ENEMY!!
- Consider eliminating gluten, wheat and other grains to support insulin health and lose belly fat. Another great tip, there is gluten in so many foods we normally eat.
- Limit fructose in the diet to only fruit sources. Eliminate all fructose based corn syrup! You really need to read your labels, you would be amazed what has corn syrup in it!
I hope you find these tips helpful to you! The Bidwell Group offers endless personal & concierge services to help you with your personal & business needs. Check us out on the web, www.thebidwellgroup.com we also offer full travel services for all your vacation and business needs!